Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about divorce, child custody or some other family law concern? Click the links below to find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions that our attorneys at Wolinetz, Horvath & Brown, LLC, get regarding issues that are important to our clients.
Questions About Divorce
Many spouses may have questions about how to start a divorce, how to resolve one or just how they work. Here are some common questions:
- Is a divorce or dissolution the best choice for me?
- What is required to file for divorce in the state of Ohio?
- Can I divorce my spouse if he or she won’t sign the paperwork?
- Should I file for a Divorce or Dissolution?
- What is a legal separation?
- What are temporary orders?
- What is post-decree litigation?
A skilled attorney can help you get through your divorce in a swift and efficient manner that also protects your best interests.
Questions About Child Support And Alimony
When a family divorces, questions about finances are sure to follow. You can answer some of your early questions about it here:
- Do I have to file for a divorce to receive temporary spousal support?
- How does spousal support differ from child support?
- Can a spouse be required to pay a child’s college expenses?
- What is cash medical support in Ohio?
- How is child support determined in the state of Ohio?
- How long does child support last in the state of Ohio?
- When can a child support order be modified in the state of Ohio?
- How does the division of children’s medical, school and extracurricular expenses work?
- How is spousal support determined in the state of Ohio?
When negotiating over child support and alimony, it is important to make sure that you are reaching a fair and accurate result. Let an experienced attorney help you reach that outcome.
Questions About Custody
Child custody agreements can shape how your children grow up. We can help you know what to expect by answering some early questions.
- What is shared parenting?
- How has Franklin County Local Rule 27 changed?
- Will a court consider my child’s wishes in determining parenting time?
- How do courts determine parenting time/visitation in the state of Ohio?
- Do nonparents have any visitation rights to children in the state of Ohio?
- What reasons permit the modification of a parenting time order?
- Will my child need a guardian ad litem?
We keep our focus on the needs of you and your children throughout these matters. You can trust us to fight for you.
Questions About Property Division
Dividing assets in a divorce is never easy, but knowing the right information can help you develop a strategy that suits your needs.
- How does the court handle dividing a business during a divorce?
- How can I find out if my spouse is hiding assets?
- What different types of property are recognized in Ohio?
- How will the court divide our assets and liabilities in a divorce?
- What are the benefits of a prenuptial agreement in the state of Ohio?
- Does Ohio recognize a postnuptial agreement?
Property division can drastically impact how you live following your divorce, which is why we work so hard to protect you.
Questions About Family Law Attorneys
Some of our clients are not sure what to expect from a family law attorney and often ask questions such as the following:
- Why should I seek legal representation in family law matters?
- Does your firm charge a fee for a first meeting?
Our goal is to help you through any challenge that may arise in your family law needs, and we have the experience to help you pursue the results you deserve.
Get The Answers You Need
At Wolinetz, Horvath & Brown, LLC, our divorce and family law attorneys possess the skills and knowledge that you need to obtain positive results in life-altering situations. Contact us online or call 614-362-8847 today to arrange a consultation to discuss your case. With us on your side, you’re not alone.